Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Austin's Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day

This picture was taken yesterday, when Austin was having a great day. He had a good day at school, had a great soccer game, got to see aunt Beth and uncle Mo, had Pizza King with his grandparents, and Drew came over to play.
However, today was a different story. Mrs Underwood kind of warned me when I picked Austin up from school that he had missed a word on his spelling test (for the first time ever) and that he was very hard on himself over it. She said she totally understands because she has a daughter just like him. Poor Austin said it was a terrible day when he got into the car. He missed a word on his spelling test, hurt his finger in gym class, and did not sell enough magazines to get a prize when the prizes were announced. When we got home, we talked about how no one is perfect and mommy and daddy love him all the same no matter how he does. We are so proud of him for trying his best and wanting to excel, but we don't love him any more or any less for the things he does. So now, we will work on having a better day. The Cub Scout fishing derby is tonight, so that might help. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't get rained out!

And here is Karsen, having a good day because she doesn't know what a spelling test is!

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if this is a trait of a first born? I hope Austin's day gets better and he has a great evening at the derby! BTW>...we want to buy some popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Austin. This post made me sad, but at least we all know he is in good hands with you as his reassuring, loving parents and that a bad day will always end upon arrival at home.

    I love that Karsen's days are completely unaffected by spelling tests; I have a feeling her reaction will be very different than Austin's when the day of her first spelling test error does come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I agree w/ Katie -- if Karsen ever misses a word, we know what she'll say...

    "I did NOT see that coming."

    ;)

    ReplyDelete