Thursday, September 24, 2009

5 Going on 16 (Alternate Title: Should I Be Worried?)

Karsen is becoming more and more "grown-up" lately.
Evidence: 1. As some of you have unfortunately seen, she has perfected her eye-roll to teenage standards when she is annoyed.
2. She gave out her allotted number of school pictures to her friends today, and said that "Sam, Dillon, and Corbin all still want one." Those sound suspiciously like boys' names to me!!!
3. Instead of saying things are "funny" anymore, she says, "That's classic!"
4. She actually invented a game for the playground called "Teenager." She and her new friends Payton and Alexis played it today. It is very much like tag, except "It" is called (insert horror movie music here) THE TEENAGER. What is funny is, I don't know why she would automatically think people would be running from a teenager. Maybe she is more insightful than I give her credit for.
5. We all know where she gets this grown-up trait from, auntie Amy--Karsen absolutely loves helping me with the laundry. I taught her to fold socks, and I barely have the whites out of the dryer when she comes running to help me out. Grandmas, take note: you may be able to get some manual labor out of her during sleepovers.
No matter how old she thinks she is, she will always be my baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't anyone tell you that if you roll your eyes like that so much they may stay that way. Enjoy reading the blog and the comments. Who is this Katie who posts comments? She has such 'profound yet mundane' musings. She really should have her own blog. That would be interesting stuff.
    P.I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Karsen making up games? That doesn't sound familiar at all....

    Wonder where she gets it.

    ReplyDelete