Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a very happy holiday with lots of family and food. On Wednesday, I went to Karsen's class to help make "I am thankful for..." books. One of my favorite little boys, Sam, was quite busy coloring in the hair of one of his girl classmates' picture, making it very dark and big and crazy curly. He explained to me he was making her look like Michael Jackson. Ha! After Karsen's class was finished, Karsen and I went to help Mrs. Brammer, the other 2nd grade teacher at Westwood, set up for the Thanksgiving Feast she and Mrs. Underwood's class had. Then we went home to play with Kalli and fix some food for Thursday. Andrew and Collin also came over to play after school.

It is getting harder and harder to keep Kalli still for a picture :)

On Thursday we had dinner at Uncle Gary's and then dessert at my parents' house. The kids had a very long day but had a lot of fun. Luke was very pleased with himself most of the evening and entertained all of us with his clapping for himself. We all played Catchphrase at mom and dad's house. It would not be a holiday without Catchphrase. We learned that Erin considers Amy synonymous with the phrase "nag." Erin also gave us the clue "a special time of the month for ladies" for us to try to guess. While most of us had no trouble with the phrase, Austin hilariously thought it was Mother's Day. The kids also gave a performance of some of their songs from their upcoming Christmas program.



On Friday we went to Papa Jay's mom and dad's house here in New Castle to see Bob and Vern, Bobby and Lana, Grandma and Papa Hall, Uncle Phil and his daughter Kelsey, and Katie and Kalli. Aunt Lana gave us all family cookbooks that she had made with old family pictures included. It was such a sweet gift and Karsen wondered why Papa Jay looks like a girl in most of the pictures from the '70s. I guess she is not used to seeing him with long hair and very tiny shorts.

On Saturday Josh and I painted Austin's room before I had to go to work. The kids got a special surprise in the mail from our favorite Irish lass Katie. What a beary sweet card!!

Austin went with his friend Nathan and his dad to play, go out to eat, and then to the New Castle Trojan basketball game last night. Both kids got to spend the night with Grandma and Papa Hall after that.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!



5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the card arrived! Sounds like catchphrase was quite an adventure. And I love the picture of Austin and Karsen right above Luke's picture!!! They look so great sweet, happy and harmonious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no --- I said "nag" was what Mom does to Dad. Never mentioned Amy once! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the misinformation, Erin. So MOM is synonymous with nag, not Amy, you heard it straight from the original source, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah Mom was the nag -according to Erin.
    According to Keith's clue, Amy is a nerd (after the Tsunami comment)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. glad everything is clarified as to who is the nag and who is the nerd.

    ReplyDelete