Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Not Too Much To Report...


Well, the days have been flying by, and we've been busy with school, Austin's soccer, and working. I am a room mother for both kids' classes at Westwood so I've been making a lot of phone calls begging, I mean politely asking, for help with Fall Festival and fall parties. Josh has a new schedule for those who don't know, which is starting today: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays all day. How awesome that he has a four day weekend every week!

Austin is being inundated with school projects and tests, but he is like an old pro and takes everything in stride. Karsen is working hard on her ABC's, and is excited to report that she is now allowed to check out her own books at the school library because she has proved to be responsible enough. Her first selection was "Mercy Watson To the Rescue", which we already own. Apparently, if Austin owns the book, she feels that she must check it out from the library so as not to have to go into Austin's room to get it.

Austin did have a cool Cub Scout meeting last night. They learned how to properly raise, lower, and fold the flag by a very nice gentleman from the American Legion. We had our own outdoor flag ceremony, and there is a chance the pack will be allowed to raise and lower the school flag on Veterans' Day since they have learned the proper way.

Last weekend was also our little niece Kalli's first birthday! It is so hard to believe she is 1, and the kids had a great time at her party with Taylor and Andrew. Thanks Katie for having them, and also thanks to Grandma and Papa Hall for taking them while Josh and I had to work.

I guess I had more to report than I thought...it must be like when I ask Austin and Karsen what they have done in school today and they say, "Nothing, " or "Not very much," but then they talk about it all evening long.

Karsen would like to share a message for everyone: "I love you. I like you to be my aunts. And I really like when people come sleep over."

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. hahahahh she is the cutest girl in the world. and how hilarious that she checked out a book that you already own? wow. hilarious.

    i want to come for a sleep over soon! :)

    ReplyDelete